Sunday, February 1, 2015

Christmas Vacation Part 3

Oh where to begin! After a few days in Orlando, we drove to Port Canavaral to head out on our Johnson family cruise! We had a great trip spending time with the whole crew. We had a couple days on the boat, and several days adventuring! Our first stop was in Cozumel, Mexico. We went to a place called Paradise Beach where they had tons of inflatable toys/obstacles, paddle boards, snorkeling gear, and more. It was so fun to spend the day playing the ocean. This past summer was the first summer I can remember that I did not go to the beach. So actually going felt AMAZING! The next day, we went to Roatan, Honduras. Erik and I rented a scooter and explored the island. It was so cool to actually see the locals and how they live. I felt very blessed and fortunate to have all that we have. We drove to a gorgeous beach and decided to go snorkeling. I saw my first turtle in the open ocean, which made my cruise! The next day we went to Belize, where we embarked on a journey to see some ruins. We took a bus to a river, which was in the middle of a jungle. Then we took a speedboat through this crocodile infested river through the jungle.. I felt like I was in that Indiana Jones movie when he goes to the Amazon. Anyway, we arrived to our destination and saw some stunning ruins. I was in awe at how huge and beautiful they were. 
Our last port was in Costa Maya, Mexico. Unfortunately, it was a cold and rainy day. We walked around a boardwalk and got some massages, which was really nice. All in all, we had a wonderful Christmas break! Please excuse my crappy pictures... Our friends let us borrow their GoPro, but I am not the best photographer. I am definitely working on it. One of the things I am most disappointed about is that I couldn't capture the beauty of the places we were able to go to. I want to take a photography class, but I won't have time to do that for awhile. So bear with me.

First day on the boat

So excited to finally be on the cruise

Finally, relaxing in the beautiful sun


So happy to be going to the beach!

Hi Mexico

Waiting for a taxi...


Group pic on the dock

I tried out the paddle boards, they were so fun

Having fun with my sister in law, Heather

Hello Honduras

Boppin around with a scooter and a selfie stick


So I accidentally left the camera on constant picture taking mode, which resulted in 350 pictures of my legs, shirt, and the sand. This was one that actually was a person!


On our way to go snorkeling

Hi friends!



On top of the world! At least the giant ruins in the jungle.

unBELIZEable

The crew

Biggest head that I've ever sat on

Enjoying Costa Maya

That croc was huge, we were lucky to make it out alive!

We did a family murder mystery night, it was awesome. The theme was old Western. Erik was a cowboy and I was the town mistress. I should add that our roles were assigned, not chosen haha


My sisters! Don't worry, Heather is not a weirdo, she was just already dressed in her role as an old widow for our murder mystery night.

Our last night on the boat :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik